- Department of Home Land Security purchase 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition
- DHS buys 2,717 “Navistar Defense” armored vehicles for service on the streets of America. Manufacturer website and vehicle specs.
- DHS purchased 7,000 full-auto assault rifles to be used inside the United States, calling them “personal defense weapons”
- DHS purchases 10,000 bulletproof check points.
- DHS “Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) agreement for .40 caliber hollow point ammunition” by the DHS.
- Homeland Security to purchase “riot expansion kits”
- DHS also recently purchased half a million dollars worth of fully automatic pepper spray launchers
The Department of Homeland Security, Office of Procurement Operations, Federal Protective Service Acquisition Division, East Consolidated Contracting Group has a requirement for armed Protective Security Officer (PSO) services at various locations throughout the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin. It is anticipated the Request for Proposal (RFP) will be posted to www.fedbizopps.gov on or about November 20, 2013.
This requirement will be solicited as a commercial item in accordance with FAR Part 12. It is anticipated that a single award, labor hour, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity type contract will be established as a result of the solicitation. The contract will consist of a 12-month base period with four consecutive 12-month options with an additional 6-month extension in accordance with FAR 52.217-8.
The NAICS code for this acquisition is 561612, Security Guard and Patrol Services. The size standard is $19 Million. This requirement is being solicited as unrestricted full and open competition.
As an integral part of this security effort, the contractor shall provide and maintain all management, supervision, manpower, training, equipment, supplies, licenses, permits, certificates, insurance, pre-employment screenings, reports, and files necessary to accomplish this requirement. The project will have a requirement for the contractor to have a Top Secret facility clearance by the start of performance. The RFP will require the submission of a technical proposal as well as a price proposal. All proposals received in response to the RFP will be evaluated using Best Value Trade-Off Procedures.
All contractors must be registered in the Central Contractor Register CCR (http://www.sam.gov). Further, offerors are required to complete their Online Representations and Certifications Applications (ORCA) at http://orca.bpn.gov
Why has DHS purchased enough illegal hollow point ammo to fight a 7 year war on hand? Why are they getting mobile armored units and bulletproof checkpoints? It isn’t Al Qaeda who is recording all our telephone conversations, emails, instant messages, texts, banking statements and putting camera’s up on the street corners?